You can add value to your home by putting on a new roof. The roofing material you choose can add value as well as communicate your home’s feel and look. The right roofing material along with the framing, proper installation, and preparation will have your home reaching a whole new level.
When you set out to choose the roofing material for your home’s new look, consider some of these questions:
- Will the material meet the fire code in your area
- Is the roofing material going to provide good performance for the weather conditions in your area
- What is the warranty for this product and what is its expected life span
- Will the material require special framing
- Is the material available in the right color and style to compliment your home
- Are there special installation or maintenance required with the material
Answering these questions will help you decide which roofing material will work best for your home. There are many options to choose from when considering a new roof for your home, and these are some of the top choices:
- Concrete and Clay Tiles
- A concrete or clay roof will add both elegance and texture to your home. You can choose from scalloped, ribbed, or flat and have a durable, but also very heavy roofing material. This type of roof must be installed by a professional, such as Prime Time Roofing in Parker, CO, all of Douglas county and anywhere along the I-25 corridor from Pueblo, Colorado Springs to Fort Collins.
- The pros of having a concrete or clay tiled roof are that you will have a long-lasting roof that will be non-combustible as well as energy-efficient.
- The cons for this roofing material are that it’s more expensive and may require additional framing.
- A new roof with slate material will provide a beautiful look to your home. This roofing material is elegant and distinctive in appearance and comes in purple, grey, red, green, and black.
- The pros of having a slate roof include it is fire-resistant and the material is sustainable making it easily recycled.
- The cons of a slate roof include its expense, its weight, and that you may require additional framing done by a professional roofing company, such as Prime Time Roofing in Douglas.
- A slate roof works well with French Chateau, European, and Colonial-style homes.
- Synthetic Roof Products
- The market for roofing materials now includes synthetic products. This material comes from plastic, polymer, or rubber. A synthetic roof will add texture, and color to your home and is designed to appear like a slate or wood roof.
- The pros of a synthetic roof include its durability as it is not a fragile material or as expensive as the more natural materials.
- The cons include some of these products will absorb water, so some of the newer products have not have been as time-tested as the more traditional choices.
- Asphalt Shingles
- Asphalt shingles are the most common choice by homeowners seeking a new roof. This roofing material is the most popular because it is economical and easy to install. When having an asphalt roof installed, you can have it reinforced with organic or fiberglass without changing its appearance.
- The pros of an asphalt roof include the variety of colors you’ll have to choose from and it is one of the least expensive new roof options.
- The cons of the asphalt roofing material are its shorter lifespan and does not provide as much insulation as other materials.
- Metal Roofing
- A metal roof will provide you with a new roof that is resistant to extreme weather conditions. This style of roof is available in either panels or shingles and is available in zinc, stainless steel, or copper. Metal roofing materials are lightweight, sleek, and long-lasting, and work great to harvest rainwater.
- The pros of a metal roof include its durability and it will last longer than an asphalt or wood choice.
- The cons are the expenses involved in this type of material.
Where to Find the Top Roofing Materials in Douglas
Prime Time Roofing is a licensed, and trusted roofing company in Douglas County and the entire Denver metro area. We are based in Parker, Colorado and we service the entire front range. Prime Roofing are licensed as far south as Pueblo and Colorado Springs and as far north as Fort Collins and everywhere in between. We use the latest technology and offer all types of roofing services. Our experts are experienced and skilled and can provide roofing solutions, as well as paint and window services. If you are in the market for a new roof, call and talk to one of our experts to learn which is the perfect new look for your home.